CAUTION! Inappropriate connection may cause damage on qualMeter!

Hi qualMeter users,

We recently kept receiving feedbacks from our KS angels on how qualMeter basic works for them. We are so proud qualMeter doing a great job for most of them and It is helpful in lives.

However, as we’ve known so far, there are two of our customers burned their qualMeters due to the incorrect way of connection when tried to test a cable. We think it is more than necessary to remind all of you and ensure that you are absolutely aware of the fact that this device may be damaged due to the inappropriate connection.

When testing a cable:

Please make sure you understand the proper way of connection before heading to test a cable or a charger. Here is the right way to use:

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CONNECT BOTH END OF YOUR CABLE INTO QUALMETER FOR TESTING!!!

Cable test mode will be enabled when both ends of a cable have been connected with qualMeter. Then plug qualMeter into a 5V USB power source. The blue cable test indicator (the left one) will be turned on. You can find out the quality of this cable by reading the Quality Indicators on the left.

PLEASE DONOT CONNECT THE OTHER END OF YOUR USB CABLE TO AN USB POWER SOURCE!!! AS THIS MAY CAUSE DAMAGE ON QUALMETER!!!

Please follow the step1 and step2 in the upper diagram to test your cable.

See video demo for cable test

When testing a charger:

Without cable plugged in, Charger test mode is enabled right away when qualMeter has been plugged into a 5V USB power source. The orange charger test indicator lights up and it also confirms the testing current is 1A. You can find out the quality of this charger at 1A output by reading the Quality Indicators on the left.

See video demo for charger test

You also have access to the full instructions on Kickstarter page and our Forum.

I hope you like it and Safe use!

Cheers,

Alex

Lighting port not showing up properly

Have you guys looked into adding any sort of protection to prevent this from happening on future hardware revisions? I accidentally did this with my QualMeter X once, but fortunately it didn’t seem to fry anything.

@Doktor_Jones

It’s good that you asked. :slight_smile:

This issue only applies to qualMeter Basic. It doesn’t apply to qualMeter X.